The Propeller Scheme is a new opportunity for Oxfordshire based artists to develop and stage new work for the North Wall Summer season.
We are inviting Oxfordshire based artists/companies to pitch projects that support our artistic policy of programming vital new work- productions that showcase exciting talent with contemporary significance. Companies should consider the particular surroundings of the North Wall theatre and create work that aims to delight, excite and engage with our audiences.
Working in partnership with Oxfordshire Theatre Makers we are keen to hear from local companies who would relish the chance to perform at the North Wall and would benefit from the in-kind support we are able to provide.
John Hoggarth, Co-Director at The North Wall says:
‘We see the Propeller scheme as the perfect opportunity for us to really get to know local theatre- makers and to practically support them in getting their work in front of an
audience at the North Wall. We are looking to collaborate with ambitious companies with the passion and energy to develop work and the courage to share that work with a paying audience. I believe that the best lessons in life are learnt through doing- our commitment to stage the final production needs to be matched with willingness to work with us to create a successful production. We hope the Propellor scheme will contribute to the sense of community amongst all those making work in Oxfordshire, recognising it as a place for artists to live and work and where audiences can access innovative new work.’
Anja Meinhardt, deputy-chair of OTM says:
“We are thoroughly excited about this collaboration between The North Wall and OTM, and delighted to introduce this new scheme together, which will provide Oxfordshire Theatre Makers with an excellent opportunity to develop great theatre with the support from one of Oxford’s brilliant venues. In kind support, paired with a consecutive run of performance dates in the theatre, and being part of an exciting programme of work, will make Propeller one of the things to look out for on the yearly calendar for anyone involved in making theatre – certainly an opportunity not to be missed! Directly in line with OTM’s commitment, to foster performance opportunities and support local theatre makers, this excellent residency will contribute to a thriving theatre scene here in Oxfordshire.”
If you are an Oxfordshire based company or collective and would like to be a part of The North Wall Propellor scheme this summer, please get in contact.
The North Wall offer includes:
• Dramaturgical and developmental support throughout the process from the Co-Directors of the North Wall.
• Inclusion in our Summer programme and associated marketing support.
• 5 days of rehearsal space: Studio available from Tuesday 28th May – Saturday 1st June
• 3 days of technical support with access to the theatre for get in Monday the 3rd- Wednesday 5th June
• 3 day run in the theatre- Thursday the 6th – Saturday 8th June.
• There is no hire charge for any of the above.
• Box office income will be split equally (50/50) between the company and The North Wall.
If you are interested in applying, please email an expression of interest – a maximum of 2 pages – to email@example.com with information on your company / collective, your production and your creative team.
Your application should include:
• Brief company biog and hopes for the future : (max 250 words)
• Outline of show you would like to present: (max 250 words)
• How would you explain your show to a friend in fewer than thirty words? (max 30 words)
• Are there any specific types of audience you think your show appeals to? If so, please state in brief here. e.g. families/ young adults/older generation
• How would you support the North Wall in terms of marketing and audience development?: (max 200 words)
• How you think your work is suited to The North Wall programme.
Deadline for submissions: 10th February 2019.
Shortlisted applicants will be informed and invited to selection interviews in the
week beginning the 18th February.
The successful company will be notified by the 28th February.
We look forward to hearing from you.