When you book a ticket online or over the phone at The North Wall, you will be asked to provide your personal details as part of the transaction, including your name, address, email and telephone number.
How we use this data
- Address: verifies your credit card details as part of the payment process.
- Email: a confirmation email will be sent once the payment has been processed. This acts as your receipt of purchase. We may also email you before the event takes place if there is any additional information; i.e. an age restriction or a strict latecomers policy.
- Telephone number: only ever used to communicate a last minute change – for example, if a show has been cancelled – or if there is a problem with your payment.
- After the event has finished, we will only continue to contact you via post or email if you have opted-in to our mailing list.
How we store this data
Customer contact details are held in our box office database, a CRM system called Ticketsolve, which is stored on a password-protected external server. After you have made your first booking with us, a password-protected account is automatically created, which you can sign into whenever you book tickets for future events.
- We never store your credit card details
- We will never share your personal data with third parties
- We regularly “clean” our data. Accounts that have not been used to book tickets within the last three years are automatically deleted.
As part of national cultural reporting process, we share anonymised postcode data with the Audience Agency. This allows us to build a picture of our audience against a broader picture of regional and national arts attendance, which will help to influence audience development policy. We are also obliged to share anonymised postcode data with touring companies who receive funding from Arts Council England. If you do not wish your data to be shared in this way, contact our marketing manager Amy Walters on firstname.lastname@example.org
Data is stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.