Stay safe, protect yourself and others.
The North Wall is a COVID-secure venue, following safety guidelines as advised by the government and in line with the recommendations of the Society Of London Theatre (SOLT) and UK Theatre. The North Wall is accredited We’re Good To Go by Visit Britain and Visit England.
From Wed 01 Sep 2021 onwards:
Please note that social distancing has now been relaxed at The North Wall, with a return to our usual seating and full capacity. However, The North Wall still maintains many of the mitigations brought in to limit the spread of Covid-19. The safety and confidence of our audiences remains paramount, and these measures are reviewed regularly.
The wearing of face coverings is strongly encouraged throughout your visit, when moving around the building and during performances. Our staff and volunteers continue to wear masks, and we would appreciate you wearing them too. These can be momentarily removed when drinking or eating.
Other safety measures to remain:
• Enhanced cleaning measures including regular fogging of the auditorium using an antiviral disinfectant solution and particular attention given to high intensity touch points.
• High-grade ventilation: the building ventilation system circulates 100% fresh air.
• Hand sanitiser dispensers installed throughout the building.
• Perspex barriers at the box office and bar.
• Contactless card payments encouraged for all box office, bar and gallery purchases.
• E-tickets for ticketed events: please download these to your device or print-at-home and have them ready for scanning when you arrive. If you are unable to print-at-home or do not have a mobile device or tablet please collect your ticket from the box office.
• Drinks pre-ordering is strongly encouraged. Drinks are available to purchase at the same time you book your tickets and are available to collect when you arrive. A pre-ordering system for interval drinks is also provided. Online drink pre-orders are suspended at 5pm on event days. In-person drinks purchases may be made at the bar.
• Audiences are encouraged to bring minimal possessions.
• Restricted activities post-show.
• Face coverings for members of staff and volunteers.
Changes to safety measures:
• Full capacity in the gallery and theatre. Shows returned to normal seating.
• Social distancing no longer mandatory in the gallery or theatre.
• No staggered arrival times/audience timed entrances.
• No compulsory temperature checks on arrival for audiences watching a show.
• Drinks pre-ordering advised but it is possible to buy drinks directly from the bar.
• Group booking reintroduced: restrictions on booking party size and stipulations around households and bubbles are removed.
We ask all visitors to stick to the following simple safety guidelines:
• Face coverings: for the safety and confidence of other audience members, the wearing of face coverings is strongly encouraged throughout your visit, when moving around the building and during performances. Our staff and volunteers continue to wear masks, and we would appreciate you wearing them too. These can be momentarily removed when drinking or eating. If you are exempted from wearing a face covering, you may wish to display an exemption card or badge or download one to your mobile device. Children aged under 11 are not required to wear a face covering.
• Hand sanitising: please sanitise your hands when you arrive at the venue.
• NHS Test & Trace: all visitors are recommended to give their contact name and telephone number for Test & Trace purposes. We store this securely and delete it after 21 days. If you have booked a ticket to see a show or exhibition, we already have your details on record so will not ask for them again. Our Test & Trace QR code is on display at the entrance if you wish to check-in using the app.
• Feeling unwell: if you or a member of your household show symptoms before the show, or have received a positive COVID test, please don’t attend, stay home and rest, and follow NHS guidance about self-isolating. Contact the box office before the show to let us know and we will issue a full refund or credit voucher. If you become unwell during your visit, please make a member of our Front Of House team aware.
• If you need to cancel your visit due to self-quarantine, contact the box office before the show to let us know and we will issue a full refund or credit voucher.
Visiting The Theatre
A full risk assessment is available on request: please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. We continue to review our procedures in accordance with government, local and sector guidelines for venues, so please check this page for the latest information before your visit.
Updated: 01 Sep 2021